Cancer Center Services
Services available through NEA Baptist Fowler Family Center for Cancer Care and NEA Baptist Hospital:
- Cancer Screening, Diagnosis, Treatment, & Follow-up
- Varian TrueBeam Linear Accelerator
- Eclipse 3D/RAPIDARC Planning with CT/PET/MRI Fusion
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)/Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Brachytherapy – inpatient and outpatient
- HDR Iridium 192
- Iodine 131 Thyroid
- Iridium 125 Prostate seed implants
- Palladium 103 Prostate seed implants
- Samarium 145 – Bone Metastases
- Ra-223 – Prostate bone metastases
- Cancer Registry
- CT/PET through mobile services
- Full service radiology department (Interventional/MRI/CT/NM)
- LDCT – Low Dose Computed Tomography for Lung Cancer Screening
- Medical Oncology/Hematology
- GYN Surgical Oncologist
- Blood Infusion Services
- Hope Circle
External beam radiation therapy provided by a Varian TrueBeam linear accelerator. The linear accelerator is capable of producing 6MV, 10MV, 15 MV photons as well as 6MV and 10MV Flatting Filter Free (FFF) photons. The Varian TrueBeam photons are used to treat the many various types of cancers effectively at various depths with the capability of performing Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT/IMRS), Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT/IGRS), RapidArc (VMAT), Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS/SBRT) where necessary. The Varian True Beam also allows the treatment of superficial cancers (i.e. skin) with use of electrons. The electron energies available on the Varian TrueBeam are 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, and 20 MeV.
High does rate (HDR) brachytherapy is available for interstitial applications (i.e. tongue, prostate ca), intracavitary applications (i.e. cervical, uterine ca), surface applications or plaques for skin cancers, and application in lung, esophagus, and rectal cancers through catheters or special application devices.
Treatment Planning System is a Varian Eclipse treatment-planning computer licensed for 2D conventional, 3D conformal, IMRT/IGRT, RapidArc, and SRS/SBRT treatment planning and simulation. It has integrated network connection with CT Simulator and is capable of fusing Computed Tomography (CT), Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
CT Simulation provided by a Siemens Somatom Definition AS 20 slice wide bore CT scanner with Lap lasers is the first step of the treatment planning process for the setup and planning of the radiation treatment. This allows for faster and more accurate simulation and provides the physician with greater details in order to implement accurate treatment delineation. The wide bore allows true patient position from CT to Accelerator without deviation in the treatment position, while the lap laser system allows tumor and organ contouring at the CT, with laser alignment to isocentric volumes.